Managing a website that generates a significant amount of email traffic, such as large eCommerce website or membership platform, necessitates a dependable service to handle the volume of outgoing emails. However, utilising an established email provider via SMTP, such as Gmail, frequently results in exceeding the allotted rate limits. Fortunately, configuring WordPress to utilise a cloud-based email delivery service is a superior approach for integrating a specialised email service into your website.
In this instructional guide, we will explore popular options and process of configuring WordPress to employ an email delivery service.
To put it simply, while standard personal email services like Gmail or Office 365 may not be optimised for mass emailing, especially when incorporating transactional emails, there is a solution available to overcome this obstacle. Sending out various types of emails, such as invoices, password reset requests, and support inquiries, requires significant bandwidth.
The issue arises when your email service’s rate limit is exceeded due to the volume and frequency of transactional emails, causing disruptions to your workflow. Fortunately, there are several solutions (listed below) which offer an ideal solution by harnessing the resources of top-tier technology infrastructure for your WordPress emails.
Benefits of using an Email Delivery Service
- Increased deliverability: An email delivery service can help ensure that your emails are delivered to your subscribers’ inboxes and not marked as spam or sent to the junk folder.
- Better email tracking and analytics: With an email delivery service, you can track the performance of your email campaigns, including open rates, click-through rates, and other important metrics.
- Improved email list management: An email delivery service can help you manage your email list more effectively, including adding and removing subscribers, segmenting your list, and cleaning up invalid email addresses.
- Higher email sending volume: Email delivery services often have higher sending limits than standard email providers, allowing you to send more emails in a shorter amount of time.
- Automated emails: Email delivery services can help you automate your email campaigns, such as welcome emails, abandoned cart emails, and drip campaigns, saving you time and effort.
- Personalisation and customisation: With an email delivery service, you can personalize your emails by including the recipient’s name, location, and other details, making your emails more relevant and engaging.
- Enhanced email design: Email delivery services often provide a wide range of templates and design options to help you create professional-looking emails that reflect your brand.
- Better email deliverability: Email delivery services use various tools and techniques to ensure that your emails are delivered to your subscribers’ inboxes and not marked as spam or sent to the junk folder.
- Integration with other platforms: Many email delivery services can integrate with other marketing and sales platforms, such as social media, CRMs, and landing pages, helping you to create a seamless customer journey.
- Cost-effective: Email delivery services are often cost-effective, offering various pricing plans that suit different business sizes and budgets, allowing you to get the most out of your marketing efforts without breaking the bank.
Popular Email Delivery Service Platforms
Amazon Simple Email Service (SES)
Amazon SES is a highly scalable email delivery service that is designed to integrate seamlessly. It provides features such as email sending, receiving, and email tracking, along with features like email authentication, sending statistics, and feedback loops. It’s a popular choice among businesses of all sizes due to its cost-effectiveness, reliability, and ease of use.
Sendinblue is a comprehensive email marketing and automation platform that works well with almost any CMS. It offers features such as email campaigns, transactional emails, SMS marketing, landing pages, and marketing automation. With Sendinblue, you can easily create and send personalised emails, track your email performance, and segment your audience based on their behavior.
Mailchimp is a popular email marketing platform that offers a plugin/module for many popular CMS’ to offer seamless integration. It features an intuitive drag-and-drop email builder, email automation, A/B testing, and segmentation. With Mailchimp, you can send targeted campaigns, automate your emails, and track your results.
Constant Contact is an all-in-one email marketing platform that works with most CMS platforms. It provides features such as email campaigns, event marketing, surveys, and social media marketing. Constant Contact allows you to easily create and send professional-looking emails, track your results, and automate your email campaigns.
Campaign Monitor is a robust email marketing platform that works well with Shopify, Magento, Bigcommerce and WordPress. It offers features such as email campaigns, automation, dynamic content, and A/B testing. With Campaign Monitor, you can create personalized emails, segment your audience, and track your results in real-time.
Sendgrid is a cloud-based email delivery service that provides reliable and scalable email infrastructure for businesses of all sizes. It offers features such as email sending, receiving, tracking, and analytics, along with email templates and automation. With Sendgrid, you can easily integrate your website and send personalised emails to your subscribers.
Mailgun is a powerful email delivery service that offers APIs for sending and receiving email. It provides features such as email sending, receiving, tracking, and analytics, along with advanced features such as email validation and email list management. With Mailgun, you can easily integrate your website and send personalised, automated emails to your subscribers.
These are just a few examples of email delivery service platforms that work with WordPress. Each of these platforms has its unique features and pricing plans, so it’s essential to evaluate your needs before selecting the one that’s right for you.
Offloading emails to an email delivery service is can help reduce the load on your server. Sending a large volume of emails can be resource-intensive, and it can put a strain on your server, causing it to slow down or crash. By using an email delivery service, you can offload the responsibility of sending emails to a third-party provider, freeing up your server to handle other tasks. This can help improve the performance of your website and ensure that it runs smoothly, even during periods of high traffic. Additionally, email delivery services often provide a high level of security and protection against spam and other malicious emails, further enhancing the reliability and security of your email campaigns.