Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of improving the position of a webpage within search engine results with the end goal to generate more website traffic and increase sales. Whether you’re a large corporation or a solo trader, everyone can grow their business and attract more customers using SEO strategies, however Local SEO is one particular strategy that’s seeing fast and effective results.
What Is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a brand of SEO that specifically relates to Local Search Queries.
4 Reasons Why Local SEO Is Important To Your Business
- There are over 30,000 searches made in Byron Bay for local business products and services every month on Google Australia
- 50% of Google users who conducted a local search on their smartphone while visit a shop within a week of their search
- 25% of those searches will lead to a sale
- 80% of Google users will never go past Page 1 of Google’s results
4 Quick Steps To Local SEO Success
Keyword research allows you to find out the exact phrases your potential customers are using to try and find businesses like yours.
Keyword research allows you to find out about the exact demand for your products and services.
But how do we find this information? Through Keyword Research Tools like Google Keyword Planner.
On-page SEO relates to the technique that can be used on specific elements of a webpage’s code to improve the overall position in Google.
Basic on-page SEO elements include:
- Title Tags
- Meta Descriptions
- Headline Tags
- Image File Names & Image Alt Text
- Overall Content on the page
The elements adjusted should reflect the specific target keywords for the page.
Google My Business Set-Up
- Google My Business enables you to appear in the local map pack
- Visit https://business.google.com to get started
- Enter your business information (business name, address, phone number)
- Select the most suitable category for your business
- Upload images to your new business listing with your keywords in the file name
- Add a link to your website
- Confirm your business address with Google through the verification process – this involves Google sending you a letter in the post with a secret pin
- Make sure you list the exact same business information on your website’s contact page
- Get reviews
Backlinks & Business Listings
The more high-quality backlinks you have from well established and authoritative websites, the better chances your website has to rank higher in Google.
In essence, each backlink you have is like a vote for your website!
How Can I Acquire Backlinks?
- Through business relationships
- Creating business listings / citations
- Sponsoring local events and teams
- Creating high quality resources on your website
- Guest Blogging
These Local SEO strategies are strong and they’re only going to get stronger and more significant in the future. With a professional website design, Local SEO will work hand-in hand with your branding to not only help drive traffic to your site, but help attain new leads and potential sales. Now is the time for you to take advantage of local search engine optimization and grow your business. Everyone can improve their business and increase sales through local SEO. So get started today!
Posted on July 30, 2017 | Categories: Blog